Telomeres are the protective caps at the ends of each chromosome, in every cell in the body. Telomeres are vital to health, and to healthy aging.
Each time our cells divide, the Telomeres get shorter and shorter, until the cell can no longer divide and it becomes “senescent”, or non-functioning. The loss of cell function affects our tissues, and ultimately the organs in our body. Science shows that longer Telomeres can help slow, and potentially reverse, that loss of cell function, which has a key impact on health and aging.
Telomerase is a naturally-occurring enzyme in the body that helps protect and lengthen Telomeres. However, with the important exceptions of Adult Stem Cells and Leukocytes (a type of immune cell), both of which express Telomerase at high levels until they start to approach the stage of senescence, Telomerase is active at low levels or inactive in most human cells.
However, several natural compounds, including those in TELO-100, have been shown to “transiently” (i.e., temporarily), activate Telomerase in human cells.
And scientific studies have shown that “controlled activation of telomerase in normal cells can restore telomere length, improve functional capacity, and increase the proliferative lifespan of cells” (Source: www.geron.com).
No, not at all. While some companies and products focus solely on Telomerase Activation (TA), the prevailing research by some of the world’s leading experts in Telomere Science and Aging, including Nobel laureates, shows conclusively that in addition to cell division in the absence of the Telomere-lengthening enzyme, Telomerase, there are 2 other major causes of Telomere shortening, most importantly:
- Oxidative Stress, which can reduce Telomerase Activity by 50-70%, and double the rate of Telomere shortening.
- Inflammation, which increases the rate of Telomere shortening, and has a major impact on Telomerase Activity.
In addition, key Telomere research shows that inhibiting the inflammatory ‘cytokine’ TNF-alpha, can actually increase Telomerase Activity by 1.25 to 1.78-fold. And that Homocysteine and the ‘stress-hormone’ Cortisol can each reduce Telomerase Activity by up to 50%, and each increases the rate of Telomere shortening. So: given that “longer Telomeres” are the goal, the latest Telomere Science through 2013 shows conclusively that all of the above factors should be addressed, not just Telomerase Activation, to have the greatest positive impact on Telomere length.
Grounded in the latest findings and advances in Telomere Science, TELO-100 is the first and only integrated “complex” of 17 pro-Telomere nutritional ingredients, including multiple natural Telomerase-activators, to target all 3 major causes of Telomere shortening– in one comprehensive Telomere-length product:
- Loss of Telomerase and Telomerase Activity
- Oxidative Stress
In addition, select ingredients in TELO-100’s proprietary pro-Telomere formulation are also targeted to help maintain normal, healthy levels of Homocysteine, TNF-alpha, and Cortisol. Critical to Telomere Biosciences’ Mission, this breakthrough Telomere Nutraceutical is offered at a price that most people interested in their health and aging can afford.
No, TELO-100 is designed for people 40-90+. Since Telomeres shorten as we age, on average, the older we get, the shorter our Telomeres get, and the more we show and undergo the signs and conditions of aging. The goal of a Telomere supplement is to intervene in this process and to support healthy aging, so TELO-100 is recommended for anyone, male and female, aged 40 and over.
In addition, scientific research also shows us that the Telomere-lengthening enzyme Telomerase ‘preferentially’ seeks out and lengthens the shortest Telomeres first, which means that people of 70, 80, 90+, who on average have the shortest Telomeres, should benefit just as much, if not more, than a person of 40 or 50. So Baby Boomers should consider TELO-100 not only for themselves, but also for their aging parents, and vice versa!
Results and benefits will of course vary from person to person. Some people experience improved energy, well-being, and even more. Others do not report “feeling” any differently, just as people whose cholesterol improves don’t “feel” better.
The following are some of the results and benefits expected over time from use of TELO-100, based on the latest research in Telomere Science, including human clinical trials, and the scientific literature of its ingredients:
- Help maintain existing Telomere length and slow the rate of Telomere shortening, to help preserve the functional lifespan of cells
- Help maintain existing levels of Telomerase Activity, especially in Adult Stem Cells & leukocytes, to help preserve Telomere length, replicative capacity, and functionality in these critical cell types
- Activate the enzyme Telomerase, to help lengthen Telomeres and promote an increase in cellular lifespan.
Other Important Health Maintenance Benefits:
- Help maintain & support immune system health
- Help maintain & support cardiovascular health
- Help maintain & support bone health
- Help maintain & support metabolic health and biomarkers
- Help maintain & support the health and appearance of the skin
- Help maintain & support mitochondrial health
- Help maintain & support Adult Stem Cell health
TELO-100 as a complete product has not been clinically tested, but the latest reported human clinical studies of Telomere supplements strongly support the scientific basis of TELO-100, which is that a combination of Telomerase Activation plus multiple nutritional ingredients targeting Oxidative Stress plus Inflammation plus other factors which cause Telomere shortening can produce significant benefit to Telomeres and to markers of functional health in humans. [Source: C. Harley, B. Andrews, et.al., Rejuvenation Research 2010; C. Harley, J. Raffaele, et.al., Rejuvenation Research, 2013]
In addition, the 17 ingredients in TELO-100 have been painstakingly identified, selected, and substantiated based on an unprecedented exploration of all available research in the Telomere field.
TELO-100 is the literal product of 11 years of research and development applying the latest findings, advances, and pro-Telomere ingredients discovered in the leading-edge, Nobel Prize-winning field of Telomere Science, and includes the input of several of the world’s leading experts in Telomeres and Aging.
Yes, absolutely. The following are the key “Biomarker” tests that Telomere Biosciences recommends you consider in conjunction with your healthcare practitioner, depending on your own personal health profile and areas of interest or concern:
- Telomere Length measurements
- Measures of Immune function (e.g.,T-Lymphocyte Panel)
- Measures of Cardiovascular health (e.g., cholesterol, blood pressure, homocysteine, arterial elasticity
- Measures of metabolic health (e.g., blood glucose and insulin levels)
- Measure of bone mineral density
- Markers of inflammation
- Markers of oxidative stress
TELO-100 is a nutritional supplement, not a drug. It helps keep cells functioning in a normal, healthy way as we age. It does not treat, cure or prevent any disease, therefore FDA approval is not required.
The ingredients in TELO-100 are ingredients that have a long and safe history of use in nutritional supplements.
However, as always, consult your physician if you have any significant medical conditions, or any concerns or questions about possible interactions with any medicines or other supplements you are currently taking.
Yes. Very importantly, TELO-100 includes 4 ingredients: Bacopa, Pine Bark (Pycnogenol) , Hydroxytyrosol (a derivative of olive oil production), and Astaxanthin, which are shown by scientific research to pass through the critical ‘Blood-Brain Barrier’ (which most supplement ingredients do not permeate), which may also help support cognitive function. Each of these ingredients are potent Antioxidants, in addition to other beneficial methods of action, which work at the cellular level.
Yes, that is absolutely true, and these findings are based on very important research by some of the leaders in Telomere Science and Aging.
The Lifestyle research to-date highlights 3 key areas in which one can take even moderate action to positively impact one’s Telomere length, and in some cases, increase Telomerase Activity:
1) Stress Management techniques (e.g. meditation, yoga, deep-breathing, massage)
Here are 3 examples:
- A study by Nobel Laureate Elizabeth Blackburn & Elissa Epel showed a 43% increase in Telomerase Activity in subjects who engaged in Yogic Meditation, vs. control subjects. [Int J Geriatr Psych., 2011]
- “Short-term running (21 days) up-regulated cardiac telomerase activity to >2-fold of sedentary controls,” [C. Werner, et. al., J Am Coll Cardiol, 2008]
- Vitamins C & E from natural food sources were shown to reduce Telomere shortening by 52-62% vs. control [Q. Xu, C.G. Parks, et al., Am. J. Clin. Nutr., 2009]; those consuming Omega-3 Fatty Acids showed a significant reduction in Telomere shortening vs. control [EH Blackburn, et al., JAMA, 2010]
So, while we are confident that TELO-100 is the most advanced and complete Telomere supplement available, we also know there is no “magic pill,” so Telomere Biosciences strongly recommends that targeted Lifestyle actions, ideally under the guidance of your healthcare practitioner, be combined with supplementation with TELO-100, for maximum positive Telomere impact, to support healthy aging.
Please visit http://telomerebiosciences.com/my-account to log into your account. From here, you can manage your subscriptions.
Fundamental to the Mission of Telomere Biosciences is to make the substantial health and wellness benefits of Telomere Science available and accessible, including price-accessible, not just to the wealthy, but to the many, many people aged 40-90+ who can benefit from longer Telomeres.
As part of that Mission, we welcome Healthcare Practitioners from a wide spectrum of specialties and philosophies to offer TELO-100 to your patients, simply and easily with no legal hassles or License Agreements.
If you are interested, please Contact Us, and we will send you information about how you can begin offering to your patients TELO-100 and the Nobel Prize-winning, breakthrough science and preventive health and wellness benefits of Longer Telomeres for a Longer Healthspan.